Friday, June 15, 2012

Didn't read but I hated it

This isn't really going to be a long article but its something I really need to get off my chest. Recently I did a blog about people who claim that there religion is less a religion and more a relationship with god. For the most part the people who read it gave me so good feedback, along with some interesting responses. However I also got some people who either were pissed off because of what I said or flat out said they were not going to read it. Listen I understand that when it comes to a persons beliefs people can be really guarded and defensive. That's fine and trust me I am not trying to take anything away from those people, but for the people who said they wouldn't read it just because of the title or the description what the Hell?

Truth be told I really didn't attack a specific religion just the way we frame our beliefs in a way that doesn't make sense to me. Every time some one tells me that they have a personal relationship with God I ask what that means and I never get a satisfying answer. That's all I want really someone to give me a decent answer. If you disagree with me fine, that's good, hell that's what I am looking for a good argument. However if you are going to run in fear every time someone says something you don't like then you have stopped listening and have just accepted one version of what you think is the truth. So the next time you read something you don't like instead of just saying you don't want to read it just based on the title, how about not getting offended and read it. You never know you might just learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment